• 10 stalks asparagus, trimmed and chopped
• ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
• 2 slices Canadian bacon, diced (1 ounce)
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• ½ cup liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters
• ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Bring asparagus and ¼ cup water to a boil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until the asparagus is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until the water has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add Canadian bacon and oil to the pan and stir to coat. Pour in egg substitute, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until the egg is starting to set, about 20 seconds. Continue cooking, lifting the edges so the uncooked egg will flow underneath, until mostly set, about 30 seconds more.
3. Sprinkle cheese, salt and pepper over the omelet. Lift up an edge of the omelet and drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon water under it. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until the egg is completely set and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Fold over using the spatula and serve.
191 calories; 8 g fat(2 g sat); 3 g fiber; 9 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein;; 3 g sugars; 861 mg sodium