- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 x 16-oz. cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 canned plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 x 14-ounce low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (already cooked)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute.
- Add the beans, water, tomatoes, and broth. Increase heat to high until stew begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat; let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add more water, if needed.
- Stir in the spinach, and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts: Calories per serving: 502; Fat: 20 g; Carbohydrates: 41 g, Fiber: 12 g, Sugars: 3 g; Protein: 46 g