- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (Mexican oregano if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 x 15oz cans pumpkin puree
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. fresh ground chorizo sausage
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro to garnish, chopped
- Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven on medium heat for about one minute. Sauté the onion for about 6 minutes until it’s translucent.
- Add the garlic and other spices, and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Raise the heat, bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. 3.
- Meanwhile, sauté chorizo in a separate pan over medium heat until completely cooked (about 5 minutes) and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, blend the soup until it’s completely smooth and then return to the pot. 7. Stir 90% of the chorizo. Season to taste.
- Plate and garnish with leftover chorizo and cilantro. Enjoy!