- 1 pound wild steelhead trout, skin on, cut into two even pieces (cleaned and dried)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves smashed
- 4 cups spinach, washed
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Handful of micro greens, for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium- high (if it’s smoking- it’s too hot!)
- Place fish in skillet skin side down (make sure skin does not stick to the bottom)
- Press down on fish with metal spatula and cook 3-4 minutes to create even, crisp browning. (don’t move your spatula)
- If you can shake the pan and the fillet moves, flip fish over carefully.
- Cook to your liking (3-5 more minutes depending on thickness)
- Remove from pan and place skin side up, covered in foil
- Meanwhile, add garlic the skillet and cook for about a minute until browned
- Add spinach, turn off heat and cover 1 -2 minutes
- Plate spinach side by side with the fillets, garnished with micro greens and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories per serving: 456; Carbohydrates: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g; Fat: 27 g; Protein: 50 g