- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3/4 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or canned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced Serrano peppers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tuna, tomatoes, onion, peppers, oil and lime juice. Toss gently, being careful to keep tuna in bite-size pieces. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Add parsley and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon tuna salad into lettuce leaves. Fold up leaves and eat taco style.
Nutrition Facts: Calories per serving: 270; Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 5 g; Fat: 17 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g; Protein: 18 g; Sodium: 200 mg