- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or ghee), melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped (85% cacao and higher) – also optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add bananas and blend using a hand mixer until completely mashed. Then add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix using hand mixer until everything is mixed together, about 1 minute.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the wet ingredients and mix again using hand mixer until everything is incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate if using and mix with a spoon.
- Scoop batter into even scoops into the prepared muffin tin. Makes about 9 muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Store muffins in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They can keep longer in refrigerator or even longer in the freezer.
If batter is a bit dry you can add 1 tablespoon coconut milk to the batter. Instead of dark chocolate you can add fruit like blueberries or raspberries.