Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder optional
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup guacamole for garnish
- red onion slices for garnish
- 8 slices romaine lettuce for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 tomato, sliced for garnish
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- Begin by heating a charcoal or propane grill.
- Prepare your taco seasoning. Mix together: chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt, and chipotle powder (if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and tomato paste.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, taco seasoning, and tomato paste mixture. Mix well so the ingredients are well combined. Now add in the chopped white onion.
- Form into 6-8 patties. Grill for 3 minutes on the first side, then 5-6 minutes on the second side (for medium- medium-well burgers).
- Serve hot on a bun, romaine lettuce, or sweet potato slice and top with optional garnishes: guacamole, red onion, lettuce, cilantro, tomato, and jalapeño.