- For the noodles:
- 2 zucchinis with the tops removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- For the pesto:
- 2 avocados
- 15 basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- Using a spiralizer, cut your zucchini into ribbons and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pesto and blend well.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the pesto and toss with the tomatoes and noodles.
- Save the remaining pesto for another time or use it as a sandwich spread.
If you have a spiralizer, I highly recommend this book. It has amazing recipes for the spiralizer that go well beyond the zucchini noodles. I got about 2-3 servings out of this. Enjoy!
Read more at http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/10/12/zucchini-noodles-with-avocado-pesto/#lOdJUK2rgVM3wQ4b.99