Quick and easy Whole30 Skillet Steak Fajitas can be on the table in under 30 minutes! With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- lime wedges, for spritzing
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl, mixing until paste forms. Rub the skirt steak on both sides with the spice paste.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned steak and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil while the steak rests.
- Meanwhile, scrape up any browned bits from the cast iron and add the remaining olive oil. Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet, stirring regularly for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are seared and softened. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Turn off the heat. Slice the skirt steak thinly across the grain and place it on a large serving plate. Top with the cooked vegetables, avocado slices, and chopped tomato. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Serve with gluten-free or paleo tortillas, if desired.