- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened cherries
- 2½ Tbsp water
- ½ cup organic barbecue sauce (such as Tessemae’s All Natural)
Ingredients for Side
- 3 slices nitrite-free bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup organic chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Rub pork with oil, garlic, and paprika; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill pork on a grill rack rubbed with oil, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 145°F, turning every 2 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, bring cherries and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with sauce. Note: Find Tessemae’s All-Natural barbecue sauce at Whole Foods or online at www.tessemaes.com and www.amazon.com.
Instructions for Side
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain, reserving 1 Tbsp drippings in skillet.
- Add oil, onion, and garlic to skillet; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add cabbage, broth, salt, and pepper; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon before serving.
Leave a Reply