2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 ounces each)
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
1 medium tomato, sliced
3 ounces fresh mozzarella, halved and sliced
¼ cup prepared pesto
8 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make crosswise cuts every ½ inch along both chicken breasts, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fill the cuts alternately with tomato and mozzarella slices. Brush with pesto. Transfer the chicken to one side of the prepared baking sheet.
- Toss broccoli, oil and the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. If there are any tomato slices left, mix them in. Transfer the broccoli mixture to the empty side of the baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the broccoli is tender, about 25 minutes. Cut each breast in half and serve with the broccoli.
- Per serving: 355 calories; 19 g fat(6 g sat); 4 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 38 g protein; 117 mcg folate; 105 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 4,840 IU vitamin A; 138 mg vitamin C; 296 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 634 mg sodium; 979 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (230% daily value), Vitamin A (97% dv), Calcium (30% dv), Folate (29% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
Exchanges: 3½ lean-fat protein, 2½ fat, 1½ vegetable, ½ medium-fat protein