Who doesn’t love pizza? I mean, everyone likes pizza. The bummer to most pizza is that they don’t exactly have the street cred of being considered healthy. Most of the time pizza is high in processed carbs and saturated fats.
This recipe is lightened up because it uses homemade pesto, chicken and veggies on a whole wheat tortilla. You’ve gotta try this thin-crusted alternative.
- Boneless skinless Chicken breast, 6 oz (170 g)
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Pepper, 2 pinches
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Pesto, 3 tbsp
- Broccoli florets (small), ¼ cup
- Sundried tomato (thin sliced), ¼ cup
- Asparagus (cut into ½ inch pieces), ½ cup
- Aged white Cheddar, ½ cup
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Saute chicken breast and set aside
- Preheat oven at 400°F
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with spray and place the tortilla shell on the tray
- Spread the pesto base evenly around the shell leaving the outside inch free for the crust
- Combine all the other ingredients except for the cheese in a mixing bowl
- toss until mixed together
- Spread evenly covering the pesto
- Top with the cheese and bake until cheese is melted and shell is lightly toasted (about 10 minutes)
A big thanks to Precision Nutrition for their awesome recipe.