Prep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Total: 30 min
- ¾ lb flank steak (see Note)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp organic beef broth (or use water)
- 1 Tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 4 tsp water
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Thinly slice beef across the grain; sprinkle with pepper. Cook in 1 Tbsp hot oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from skillet.
- Sauté bell pepper, onions, and garlic in 1 Tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together coconut aminos, broth, chili sauce, and arrowroot in a small bowl until blended. Add beef and sauce mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until sauce is thickened. Note: Partially freeze steak for easy slicing.
- Shave potatoes into long, thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Place ribbons in a microwavable bowl; add water. Cover with plastic wrap; cut a small slit in wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- Toss ribbons with oil, salt, and pepper.