“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” –Aristotle
Positive Habits help us in our everyday life. They get us through the adversities and struggles.
I remember the first time Leo smiled at me.
It was so sweet and instantly melted my heart. Also I noticed how everyone around him smiled.
Why don’t we always smile? It takes a baby to get people to smile?
We don’t smile all the time because life is hard. We all struggle or are trying to make ends meet; keep up with schedules…whatever.
Some of us actually have to be intentional about being happy.
Sounds a bit sad right?
But there is some truth to it.
So I wanted to help by bringing some ideas around Positive Habits to your attention. See how many positive habits you already do and which ones you can add now.
Here are some ideas of things to incorporate:
- Constantly expressing gratitude
- Smiling at as many people as possible (“Smiling is my Favorite” –Buddy the Elf)
- Going to bed early
- Getting 7-8 hours of committed sleep
- Making your bed in the a.m.
- Staying organized
- Acknowledging yourself and others
- Loving people wherever they are on their personal journey
- Eating clean
- Training my body
- Saving and investing money wisely
- Visualizing results and creating a game plan
- Respecting others
- Investing in personal growth
- Preparing before big moments
- Surrounding yourself with inspiring people
So there is a big part to all of this: Consistency.
We talk about consistency all the time with our fitness and nutrition habits – so it’s no surprise that we need consistency with other habits.
But also do not beat yourself up if you get off track, reconnect to your vision and why it was important to start that habit in the first place.
Also this is where an accountability coach can come into place. We use coaches in our training studio to help hold people accountable to their goals.
The beauty and curse of habits is that once they are formed, they are hard to break. Consciously pursuing great habits consistently will click you into autopilot on the path to a life of greatness.
So remember we are what we repeatedly do! Choose some positive habits and I would love to know how it impacts your life!